Class designed to connect to a
taurus.core.taurusattribute.TaurusAttributeand fire events or wait for a certain event.
Clears the internal event buffer
Connect to the given attribute :param attr: the attribute to connect to :type attr: taurus.core.taurusattribute.TaurusAttribute
Disconnects from the attribute. If not connected nothing happens.
eventReceived(s, t, v)¶
Event listener method for the underlying attribute. Do not call this method. It will be called internally when the attribute generates an event.
Notifies that a given event has arrived This function is protected inside with the object’s lock. Do NOT call this function when you have the lock acquired on this object.
Parameters: v (object) – event value
returns the value of the last recorded event or None if no event has been received or the last event was an error event
Returns: the last event value to be recorded Return type: object
Returns the the recorded local timestamp for the event with the given value or None if no event with the given value has been recorded.
Parameters: v (object) – event value Returns: local timestamp for the event or None if no event has been recorded Return type: float
Returns a reference to the internal dictionary used to store the internal events. Modify the return dictionary at your own risk!
Returns: reference to the internal event dictionary Return type: dict
Locks this event listener
Unocks this event listener
waitEvent(val, after=0, equal=True, timeout=None, retries=-1, any=False)¶
Wait for an event with the given value.
- val (object) – value to compare
- after (float) – timestamp. wait for events comming after the given time. default value is 0 meaning any event after Jan 1, 1970
- equal (bool) – compare for equality. equal=True means an event with the given value, equal=False means any event which as a different value
- timeout (float) – maximum time to wait (seconds). Default is None meaning wait forever.
- retries – number of maximum retries of max timeout to attempts. Default is -1 meaning infinite number of retries. 0 means no wait. Positive number is obvious.
- any (bool) – if any is True ignore ‘val’ parameter and accept any event. If False (default),check with given ‘val’ parameter